TLC offers many ways to participate in outreach! Locally, ministry opportunities exist that reach out to: athletes via sports leagues, the physically challenged, seniors confined to rest homes, those struggling with sexual orientation, single moms with car trouble, the hungry, prisoners, surfers, people with AIDS, as well as variety of special events!
Primary Local Outreach Ministries
- Grace Unlimited: Caring counselors available for people (and their families) struggling with issues of sexual orientation. Call 831-465-3381.
- Joyful Noise: Disability outreach team and weekly Sunday program. Contact Bill Avelino at email@example.com
- Kidz Korner: Where parents can donate, trade or pick up slightly used kids' clothing. Contact Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mom’s Angels: Car repair for single moms and widows. Contact Robin at email@example.com or 831-465-3381.
- Nursing Home Visitation Teams and Bridge of Hope: Make a difference in the lives of Twin Lakes Church members who are weak or disabled, confined to care facilities or in their own homes.
- People’s Pantry: Provides food for needy families. Wednesdays 3:30pm-5:30pm. For more information, call Jack at 831-566-3791.
- Prison Ministry: Providing support for prisoners and their families. Includes Friends Outside, Angel Tree, Bible Studies, and Living Environments. Contact Robin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-465-3381.
- Pajaro Rescue Mission & Teen Challenge: Providing a faith-based and practical solution for men and women with life controlling issues. For more information, visit www.teenchallengemontereybay.org or call 831-724-9576.
- Project Homeless Connect: A one-day event in the spring, for the community to come together and make lasting differences in the lives of local homeless individuals.
- Serve the Bay (formerly "ShareFest"): Annual event that brings churches and other local organizations together to perform community service projects throughout Santa Cruz County. God's love, in action!
- Sports Outreach: Adult Sports Leagues
- Veterans Outreach: Weekly lunch program and other services for local veterans. Volunteers needed. Contact Donna, email@example.com.
Additional Local Ministry Affiliations
- American Red Cross: TLC partners with the Santa Cruz chapter of the American Red Cross to host an annual blood drive.
- International Students, Inc. (ISI): Sharing Christ's love with international students, scholars, and families at UCSC, Cabrillo College, and Bethany. ISI trains Christian volunteers as Friendship Partners and other support for these globally influential leaders. For more information, contact Peggy Pollard at ISI.SantaCruz@gmail.com or 831-239-3429, or visit the ISI website.
- Pregnancy Resource Center: Support and education for pregnant women. For more information, visit www.santacruzprc.org or call 831-475-2200.
- Siena House: Provides an environment of total support for homeless women experiencing a crisis pregnancy. Support both before and after delivery. For more information, visit www.sienahouse.org, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-425-2229.
- Young Enough to Serve (Y.E.S.): Utilizing the talents of second-half adults to make a positive impact on our community.
- Youth N.O.W.: Tutoring, Homework Help, and mentoring for local teens to help keep them out of gangs. Contact Nicole Marsh at email@example.com or 831-768-7998.