TLC offers many ways to participate in outreach! Locally, ministry opportunities exist that reach out to many different people in need. For more information please contact us:
House a Cabrillo College Student
- Have an extra room to rent to a college student?
- Need to make a little extra money by providing a safe and affordable place for a student to live during the school year?
- If you would like to reach out to our neighbors at Cabrillo and could provide a place for them to live during the school year, please click on this link to fill out a housing post on Cabrillo's website at www.cabrillo.edu/follow-up-retention-services/food-housing-resources
- When you get to the page scroll down to click on the "Post Housing" link.
- For more information or if you have questions, contact
If you do fill out the housing post link, please let Robin know.
Dress A Girl
- Do you like to sew? Help make dresses for girls around the world who very seldom receive new clothing.
- Can't sew but want to be involved anyway? We need people who can pack kits, send packages, or donate 100% cotton material and other knick-knacks for sewing.
- For more information and a detailed list of what is needed, contact Barbara Taylor at
Acts of Kindness
- Every fall we encourage individuals, families, small groups and friends to do a service project in the community. Our desire is to make an impact on our neighbors and others in the community, shining the love of Christ through service.
- To see this year's projects and details on how to get involved go to tlc.org/aok or click HERE
- Plenty of ongoing opportunities to reach out to the homeless in our community.
- Looking for volunteers to tow our portable showers on the Saturdays we monitor in Aptos. If you have a vehicle that can tow 5000 lbs. or more and would be available one Saturday every 4 to 6 weeks, please contact
. If you don't have a vehicle to tow with, but you have towing skills, there is a van that can be used to tow the showers. You still could help!
- Also, if you want to help monitor the showers on a Saturday, contact Robin at
- Interested in preparing and serving a meal for up to 20 homeless families on the second Friday of every month? Contact
for more information. Making meals for our rotating shelter folks will start back up November 2021!
- LoLo (Loads of Love) Laundry Van – contact Ron Powers at
. He and his team provide mobile laundry services to the homeless.
- Feel free to contact
for other resources as well.
- WINGS - An Advocacy Group to help homeless get into homes. Zoom Training Sessions happen periodically. For more info or to register contact
- Every Christmas we fill our lobby with trees full of gift tags for children of incarcerated parent(s), low-income families, and skilled nursing home residents. Make a difference in someone's life at Christmas by bringing some cheer to someone through a gift.
- For more information and how to get involved go to tlc.org/givinggrove or click here.
Foster the City
- We partner with Foster the City in supporting families who already foster kids as well as finding new families who want to become a foster family.
- We are looking for volunteers who will be Support Friends for a family who has foster kids. You can provide support to them by providing a meal, babysitting, run errands, pray for them, and so forth. If you are interested in finding out more, email
- Santa Cruz County is in need of 10 more foster families. If you would like to find out more about becoming a foster family, email
and/or check out www.fosterthebay.org for more information.
- Another great organization we partner with to help families that are in crisis is Safe Families. Their local website is www.safe-famileslocal.org. Safe Families for Children doesn’t take kids from their parents. Rather, parents voluntarily allow host families to care for their children giving parents peace of mind that their children are protected and safe – and so that parents can focus on getting back on their feet.
- We are looking for host families who could take in a child or teen for a short period of time while the parent(s) can work through necessary issues. If you are interested in finding out more about this outreach, contact Liz at
- Joyful Noise is a weekly Sunday morning program for special needs adults.
- They meet at 9 AM in 7104 in Monschke Hall every Sunday morning.
- Email Greg Lewis for more information.
- We are in need of more volunteers to help with this ministry. If you are interested, email
- Car repair for single moms and widows.
- If you are a mechanic and want to volunteer time, contact Todd Patterson at
- Email Robin Spurlock or 831-465-3381 for more information.
- Make a difference in the lives of Twin Lakes Church members who are weak or disabled, confined to care facilities or in their own homes.
- During this COVID-19 season, we could use extra help! LETTERS & CARDS! We need help purchasing BIRTHDAY GIFTS for nursing home residents. We need CAKES and CUPCAKES for birthday parties once a month.
- WHITE OR LIGHT COLORED SOCKS are needed. Please drop off donations in the Bridge of Hope barrel in the church office. Also GENTLY USED or NEW MEN'S CLOTHING desperately needed. Donations can be placed in our barrel.
- Please spread the word, our friends are truly the forgotten ones, and they so much need to know we care! Click on the Bridge of Hope link above for all the details.
- Volunteer teams are going back into the nursing homes!! If you want to volunteer contact Mary Masters at
- Provides food for needy families. Wednesdays 4 to 5:15 PM.
- Volunteers needed on Wednesday mornings and afternoons. Contact
to sign up to volunteer. Presently, I have enough help, but I'd be happy to add you to the list.
- If you would like to donate food items, please drop them off in the food barrel in the church office lobby. We are in need of: peanut butter, tuna, mac and cheese, canned diced tomatoes, canned fruit and veggies, pasta sauce, spaghetti, chili, soup, cake or cookie mixes, and so forth. Please be sure they are not out of date!
- We are collecting EGG CARTONS. Drop off your dozen-size cartons at the church office. We are also collecting clean brown paper grocery bags with handles.
- CLICK HERE for more information.
Prepares and delivers home-cooked meals to those who are ill, recovering from illness or surgery, and new parents.
CLICK HERE for more information. Or email
- Co-Ed Open Gym Volleyball
- Contact Robin for more information.
- September through May on Thursday nights from 6:30-9:30 PM for those 18 years and older.
- NOT OPEN due to COVID-19. Will resume at a later date.