TLC offers many ways to participate in outreach! Locally, ministry opportunities exist that reach out to many different people in need. For more information please contact us:
Acts of Kindness
- Every fall we encourage individuals, families, small groups and friends to do a service project in the community. Our desire is to make an impact on our neighbors and others in the community, shining the love of Christ through service.
- To see this year's projects and details on how to get involved go to tlc.org/aok or click HERE
Dress A Girl
- Do you like to sew? Help make dresses for girls around the world who very seldom receive new clothing.
- Can't sew but want to be involved anyway? We need people who can pack kits, send packages, or donate 100% cotton material and other knick-knacks for sewing.
- For more information and a detailed list of what is needed, contact Barbara Taylor at
- We are looking for volunteers to be trained to be ESL teachers in our area. What a great way to reach out to immigrants in our community by engaging them in simple English discussions and activities.
- The training will be held on Friday, January 19 in the evening and all-day Saturday, January 20 at Redeemer Anglican Church on Morrissey near Water Street. We may need to charge a nominal fee for the training, which will help us buy student and teacher books for the class and not have to charge our students. However, we do not want the fee to be an issue for anyone interested in serving our community in this way. For more information, contact Seth Schapiro at
- TLC's Spanish Pastor, Julian Pizarro, also has a group of ESL teacher volunteers. If you are interested in helping his ministry, you can reach out to him at
Emergency Response Team
In light of having so many disasters back to back, we would like to form a database of volunteers who can help at a moment's notice for disasters in our area. We need people who are willing to purchase, cook, and/or deliver food to shelters, fill sandbags, help with debris cleanup, etc. If you are willing to be on a list of volunteers for such needs, please fill out this form.
Angel Tree - Giving Grove
Every Christmas we fill our lobby with trees full of gift tags for children of incarcerated parent(s), low-income families, and skilled nursing home residents. If you would like to make a difference in someone's life at Christmas by bringing some cheer to someone through a gift,
For more information or questions, email our Local Outreach Director, Robin Spurlock at
Ministry to the Unhoused
House a Cabrillo Student
- Do you have an extra room in your house to rent out?
- Need to make a little extra money by providing a safe and affordable place for a student to live during the school year?
- If you would like to reach out to our neighbors at Cabrillo and could provide a place for them to live during the school year, please click on this link to fill out a housing post on Cabrillo's website at https://www.cabrillo.edu/nourishment-essential-supports-team-nest/food-housing-resources/
- When you get to the page scroll down to click on the "Post Housing" link.
- For more information or if you have questions, contact
. If you do fill out the housing post link, please let Robin know.
- Make a difference in the lives of Twin Lakes Church members who are weak or disabled, confined to care facilities or in their own homes.
- During this COVID-19 season, we could use extra help! LETTERS & CARDS! We need help purchasing BIRTHDAY GIFTS for nursing home residents. We need CAKES and CUPCAKES for birthday parties once a month.
- WHITE OR LIGHT COLORED SOCKS are needed. Please drop off donations in the Bridge of Hope barrel in the church office. Also GENTLY USED or NEW MEN'S CLOTHING desperately needed. Donations can be placed in our barrel.
- Please spread the word, our friends are truly the forgotten ones, and they so much need to know we care! Click on the Bridge of Hope link above for all the details.
- Volunteer teams are going back into the nursing homes!! If you want to volunteer contact Mary Masters at
We have volunteer teams that go into the county jails once a week to lead a Bible study and pray with inmates who come to the Bible study. We have both a Women's and a Men's team.
If you are interested in being on one of these teams, you can reach out to the team leaders, Rich Price and Lynn Wagner. Because of requirements by the county jails, you will need to apply and be vetted.
For the Men's team, contact Rich at
. For the Women's team, contact Lynn at
- Provides food for needy families. Wednesdays 4 to 5:15 PM.
- Volunteers needed on Wednesday mornings and afternoons. Contact
to sign up to volunteer. Presently, I have enough help, but I'd be happy to add you to the list.
- If you would like to donate food items, please drop them off in the food barrel in the church office lobby. We are in need of: peanut butter, jam, tunaor canned chicken, mac and cheese, breakfast cereals, oatmeal, canned fruit and veggies, pasta sauce, spaghetti, chili, soup, cake or cookie mixes, and so forth. Please be sure they are not out of date!
- We are collecting EGG CARTONS. Drop off your dozen-size cartons at the church office. We are also collecting clean brown paper grocery bags with handles.
- CLICK HERE for more information.
Prepares and delivers home-cooked meals to those who are ill, recovering from illness or surgery, and new parents.
CLICK HERE for more information. Or email
- Co-Ed Open Gym Volleyball
- Contact Jared McConnell for more information at
- September through May on Friday nights from 6:30-9:30 PM for those 18 years and older. Need to show ID and sign waiver.
- Check weekly schedule with Jared as there are some Fridays the gym is unavailable for play.
- Go to tlc.org/sports to also see the dates of play.