TLC offers many ways to participate in outreach! Locally, ministry opportunities exist that reach out to many different people in need. For more information please contact us:
Dress A Girl
- Do you like to sew? Help make dresses for girls around the world who very seldom receive new clothing.
- Can't sew but want to be involved anyway? We need people who can pack kits, send packages, or donate 100% cotton material and other knick-knacks for sewing.
- For more information and a detailed list of what is needed, contact Barbara Taylor at
Grace Harbor Women's Center
- A 90 bed shelter for women run by Teen Challenge will open Summer 2021. They are in need of some items to complete the project as well as monetary donations.
- You can purchase items on their Amazon WISH LIST
- Or go HERE
- Visit the Teen Challenge Website for more information
- Plenty of ongoing opportunities to reach out to the homeless in our community.
- Looking for volunteers to tow our portable showers on the Saturdays we monitor in Aptos. If you have a vehicle that can tow 5000 lbs. or more and would be available one Saturday every 4 to 6 weeks, please contact
- Also, if you want to help monitor the showers on a Saturday, contact Robin.
- Interested in preparing and serving a meal for up to 20 homeless families on the second Friday of every month? Contact
for more information. Will be starting back up this Fall!!
- LoLo (Loads of Love) Laundry Van – contact Ron Powers at
. He and his team provide mobile laundry services to the homeless.
- Feel free to contact
for other resources as well.
- WINGS - An Advocacy Group to help homeless get into homes. Zoom Training Sessions happen periodically. For more info or to register contact
- Join us to stand in the gap and help families with their childcare and homework/tutoring needs.
- With distance learning and parents going back to work, there is a lot of concern that students will fall through the cracks academically and there are needs for children to be in safe places with good supervision.
- Tutors, enrichment class teachers, IT help and more are needed for 6th through 12th grade working alongside Youth NOW, a program in Watsonville.
- A program for kindergarten through 5th grade happens at First Baptist Church in Watsonville.
- For more information and application form, go to tlc.org/supportstudents.
Foster the Bay
- We partner with Foster the Bay in supporting families who already foster kids as well as finding new families who want to become a foster family.
- We are looking for volunteers who will be Support Friends for a family who has foster kids. You can provide support to them by providing a meal, babysitting, run errands, pray for them, and so forth. If you are interested in finding out more, email
- Santa Cruz County is in need of 10 more foster families. If you would like to find out more about becoming a foster family, email
and/or check out www.fosterthebay.org for more information.
- Another great organization we partner with to help families that are in crisis is Safe Families. Their local website is www.safe-famileslocal.org. Safe Families for Children doesn’t take kids from their parents. Rather, parents voluntarily allow host families to care for their children giving parents peace of mind that their children are protected and safe – and so that parents can focus on getting back on their feet.
- We are looking for host families who could take in a child or teen for a short period of time while the parent(s) can work through necessary issues. If you are interested in finding out more about this outreach, contact Liz at
- Joyful Noise is a weekly Sunday morning program for special needs adults.
- We will resume in person, weekly meetings starting on Sunday, September 12th at 9 AM in 7104!!
- Special Summer Event on August 1, 2021 at 9 AM in 7104. Come out and see everyone!!
- Email Greg Lewis for more information.
- We are in need of more volunteers to help with this ministry. If you are interested, email
- Car repair for single moms and widows.
- If you are a mechanic and want to volunteer time, contact Todd Patterson at
- Email Robin Spurlock or 831-465-3381 for more information.
- Make a difference in the lives of Twin Lakes Church members who are weak or disabled, confined to care facilities or in their own homes.
- During this COVID-19 season, we could use extra help! LETTERS & CARDS! We need help purchasing BIRTHDAY GIFTS for nursing home residents. We need CAKES and CUPCAKES for birthday parties once a month.
- WHITE OR LIGHT COLORED SOCKS are needed. Please drop off donations in the Bridge of Hope barrel in the church office. Also GENTLY USED or NEW MEN'S CLOTHING desperately needed. Donations can be placed in our barrel.
- Please spread the word, our friends are truly the forgotten ones, and they so much need to know we care! Click on the Bridge of Hope link above for all the details.
- Volunteer teams are going back into the nursing homes!! If you want to volunteer contact Mary Masters at
- Provides food for needy families. Wednesdays 4 to 5:15 PM.
- Volunteers needed on Wednesday mornings and afternoons. Contact
to sign up to volunteer. Presently, I have enough help, but I'd be happy to add you to the list.
- If you would like to donate food items, please drop them off in the food barrel in the church office lobby. We are in need of: peanut butter, tuna, mac and cheese, canned diced tomatoes, canned fruit and veggies, pasta sauce, spaghetti, chili, soup, cake or cookie mixes, and so forth. Please be sure they are not out of date!
- We are collecting EGG CARTONS. Drop off your dozen-size cartons at the church office. We are also collecting clean brown paper grocery bags with handles.
- CLICK HERE for more information.
Prepares and delivers home-cooked meals to those who are ill, recovering from illness or surgery, and new parents.
CLICK HERE for more information.
- While the rest of the world struggles to find new ways of surviving amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, moms and babies still need a safe place to lay their head, food to nourish their bodies, and support to improve their circumstances.
- Please consider making a donation in whatever amount you can spare, and please remember us with your estate planning, as your gifts ensure our moms and babies a safe and supportive environment to call home.
- The easiest way to give is by going to sienahouse.org and clicking: "DONATE NOW" As always, we are grateful for your support and look forward to seeing you again! Siena’s Moms and Babies, Staff, and Board
- Siena is looking for volunteers to assist with Grant Writing. Email us at
if you'd like to get involved!
- Co-Ed Open Gym Volleyball
- Contact Robin for more information.
- September through May on Thursday nights from 6:30-9:30 PM for those 18 years and older.
- NOT OPEN due to COVID-19. Will resume at a later date.