TLC offers many ways to participate in outreach! Locally, ministry opportunities exist that reach out to many different people in need. For more information please contact us:
Grace Harbor Women's Center
- Plenty of ongoing opportunities to reach out to the homeless in our community
- Twin Lakes Church Sponsored – contact Robin Spurlock at
. We are directly involved with several ways to minister to the homeless. Monitoring showers on Saturdays in Aptos, serving dinner once a month for rotating shelter program., and providing Laundry Services through LoLo Mobile Van.
- Looking for volunteers to tow our portable showers on the Saturdays we monitor in Aptos. If you have a vehicle that can tow 5000 lbs. or more and would be available one Saturday every 4 to 6 weeks, please contact
. Also, if you want to help monitor the showers, contact Robin.
- Interested in preparing and serving a meal for up to 20 homeless families on the second Friday of every month? Contact
for more information. On hold during COVID.
- LoLo (Loads of Love) Laundry Van – contact Ron Powers at
. He and his team provide mobile laundry services to the homeless.
- Santa Cruz Connect and Watsonville Connect – www.phc-santacruz.org. are one-day events held in Santa Cruz in May and Watsonville in Nov. Volunteers needed at the events. Next one is Nov. 13th in Watsonville at the Civic Center. Sign up at www.tlc.org/phc. On hold during COVID.
- Feel free to contact
for other resources as well.
- WINGS - An Advocacy Group to help homeless get into homes. Training Session on August 11th and 13th. For more info or to register contact
- Join us to stand in the gap and help families with their childcare and homework/tutoring needs.
- With distance learning and parents going back to work, there is a lot of concern that students will fall through the cracks academically and there are needs for children to be in safe places with good supervision.
- Tutors, enrichment class teachers, IT help and more are needed for 6th through 12th grade working alongside Youth NOW, a program in Watsonville.
- We are developing a program for kindergarten through 5th grade as well.
- For more information and application form, go to tlc.org/supportstudents.
- Outreach team and weekly Sunday program for special needs adults. Will resume when we can meet in person. On hold during COVID.
- Email Greg Lewis for more information.
- Car repair for single moms and widows.
- If you are a mechanic and want to volunteer time, contact Todd Patterson at
- Email Robin Spurlock or 831-465-3381 for more information.
- Make a difference in the lives of Twin Lakes Church members who are weak or disabled, confined to care facilities or in their own homes.
- During this COVID-19 season, we could use extra help! LETTERS & CARDS! We need help purchasing BIRTHDAY GIFTS for nursing home residents. We need CAKES and CUPCAKES for birthday parties once a month. LIGHT COLORED SOCKS are needed, especially for men.
- Please spread the word, our friends are truly the forgotten ones, and they so much need to know we care! Click on the Bridge of Hope link above for all the details.
- To volunteer contact Mary Masters at
- Provides food for needy families. Wednesdays 3:30pm-5:30pm.
- THANKSGIVING REQUEST: We would like to add the following to our food bags for Thanksgiving week. If you want to donate any of the following, please drop off by Nov. 19th! Stuffing mix, turkey gravy packets, canned pumpkin, canned cranberry, pudding or cake mixes.
- Volunteers needed on Wednesday mornings and afternoons. Contact
to sign up to volunteer. Presently, I have enough help, but I'd be happy to add you to the list.
- If you would like to donate food items, please drop them off in the food barrel in the church office lobby. We are in need of: peanut butter, tuna, mac and cheese, canned diced tomatoes, canned fruit and veggies, pasta sauce, spaghetti, chili, soup, and so forth. Please be sure they are not out of date!
- We are collecting EGG CARTONS. Drop off your dozen-size cartons at the church office.
- CLICK HERE for more information.
Prepares and delivers home-cooked meals to those who are ill, recovering from illness or surgery, and new parents.
CLICK HERE for more information.
- While the rest of the world struggles to find new ways of surviving amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, moms and babies still need a safe place to lay their head, food to nourish their bodies, and support to improve their circumstances.
- Please consider making a donation in whatever amount you can spare, and please remember us with your estate planning, as your gifts ensure our moms and babies a safe and supportive environment to call home.
- The easiest way to give is by going to sienahouse.org and clicking: "DONATE NOW" As always, we are grateful for your support and look forward to seeing you again! Siena’s Moms and Babies, Staff, and Board
- Siena is looking for volunteers to assist with Grant Writing. Email us at
if you'd like to get involved!~
- Co-Ed Open Gym Volleyball
- Contact Robin for more information.
- September through May on Thursday nights from 6:30-9:30 PM for those 18 years and older.
- NOT OPEN due to COVID-19. Will resume at a later date.