TLC offers many ways to participate in outreach! Locally, ministry opportunities exist that reach out to many different people in need. For more information please contact us:
- Plenty of ongoing opportunities to reach out to the homeless in our community
- Twin Lakes Church Sponsored – contact Robin Spurlock at
. We are directly involved with several ways to minister to the homeless. Monitoring showers on Saturdays in Aptos, serving dinner once a month for rotating shelter program., and providing Laundry Services through LoLo Mobile Van.
- Looking for volunteers to tow our portable showers on the Saturdays we monitor in Aptos. If you have a vehicle that can tow 5000 lbs. or more and would be available one Saturday every 4 to 6 weeks, please contact
. Also, if you want to help monitor the showers, contact Robin.
- Interested in preparing and serving a meal for up to 20 homeless families on the second Friday of every month? Contact
for more information.
- LoLo (Loads of Love) Laundry Van – contact Ron Powers at
. He and his team provide mobile laundry services to the homeless.
- Santa Cruz Connect and Watsonville Connect – www.phc-santacruz.org. are one-day events held in Santa Cruz in May and Watsonville in Nov. Volunteers needed at the events. Next one is Nov. 13th in Watsonville at the Civic Center. Sign up at www.tlc.org/phc.
- Feel free to contact
for other resources as well.
- WINGS - An Advocacy Group to help homeless get into homes. Training Session on August 11th and 13th. For more info or to register contact
- Outreach team and weekly Sunday program for special needs adults. Will resume when we can meet in person.
- Email Greg Lewis for more information.
- Car repair for single moms and widows.
- If you are a mechanic and want to volunteer time, contact Todd Patterson at
- Email Robin Spurlock or 831-465-3381 for more information.
- Make a difference in the lives of Twin Lakes Church members who are weak or disabled, confined to care facilities or in their own homes.
- To volunteer contact Mary Masters at
- Provides food for needy families. Wednesdays 3:30pm-5:30pm.
- Volunteers needed on Wednesday mornings and afternoons. Contact
to sign up to volunteer.
- CLICK HERE for more information.
Prepares and delivers home-cooked meals to those who are ill, recovering from illness or surgery, and new parents.
CLICK HERE for more information.
Acts of Kindness
- An annual event to perform community service projects throughout Santa Cruz County in the month of October. Go to www.tlc.org/aok to see the list of projects.
- Co-Ed Open Gym Volleyball
- Contact Robin for more information.
- September through May on Thursday nights from 6:30-9:30 PM for those 18 years and older.
- NOT OPEN due to COVID-19. Will resume at a later date.